Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things I'm doing via blog

Right now I've got a lot going on in my life.

My husband is going back to school in June to be an Air Traffic Controller which requires we move upstate.
So we are trying to:
find an apartment up there,
rent our house out down here,
find him a new job up there (part time...yikes. Just wait, I'll have plenty of budgeting posts for you!),
sell our second car down here,
and the list goes on.
In fact, in order to get the house ready to rent, he used some vacation time a few weeks ago so we could work on the house.
He re-tiled our entryway with a family friend, we re-painted the bathroom, pulled old trim off (seashells...not a pretty sight), painted existing trim, and put up new trim in 3 rooms.

All of this stuff is hard on both of us.
We love our little house. It's our home. Our first one. And we've put a lot of work into it.
We did the hardwood floors ourselves which was the biggest project, and then we painted every room and all the trim and put in new carpets. And we had a lot of plans for this house. A lot of plans that will now likely never be completed. Plans to redo the kitchen, to add-on in the back, to gut our bathroom and start it all over, to add a porch to the front. And we're sad that this little old house will never be as pretty as we'd hoped it would someday be.

On top of that, I've got several family issues going on behind the scenes, which tends to add a little stress even when it doesn't have me buying plane tickets at 1am for the next morning. Don't ask.
So anyway, to reduce some stress I'm following a LOT of blogs.
Granted, it's probably not as much as some people, but this is all still new to me; the blogosphere I mean.
So it feels like a lot!
Anyway, I thought I'd share with you a few things I'm doing/learning via blog, with links so you can too!

I'm learning the basics of photography over at Shabby Blogs, as in aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
I have always regretted not taking photography in high school when I had the chance!
I'm also learning some HTML/CSS coding over there that's a little more advanced than what I'm used to.

I'm learning how to put parties together (which I've never done!) over at: I Heart Naptime, Love & Sugar Kisses,  and many, many others but I'll just include TomKat Studio for now because I'm loving their mothers day printables! Love&Sugar Kisses has some great ideas for Cinco De Mayo by the way! Like I said, there are many more of them, but I'm sure I'll do a whole "party" post at a later date.

And I'm learning how to DIY more home projects over at Welcome to Heardmont" and at Seven thirty three.

And I can't forget the aforementioned  eighteen25 where I'm learning all sorts of crafty things...too many to pull one out of my head at the moment!

I hope you all click over and enjoy learning some new things! If only to grab some printables to decorate and share.
My little one is waking up, so its time for me to go!

Jessica at J.LiLy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun!
We love to hear what you have to say.
Criticism, suggestions, opinions, positive reinforcement, whatever the case may be, share it!

Related Posts Plugin