Monday, May 2, 2011

Proud/Happy/Relieved for us all

I have to say that YES I am one of those Americans who are so happy, relieved, and proud right now.

So proud.
Proud of our TROOPS for everything.
Proud of our FAMILIES who have sacrificed over this.
Proud of our PRESIDENT, for continuing the search if nothing else.
Proud of the NAMELESS & FACELESS who were the integral forces in bringing him down.

So relieved.
Which is not to say I think it's over. I don't think that anyone thinks it's over.
But Bin Laden has hung over our heads as the metaphorical "Terrorist". As if he were the only one. The head of it all.
We know that this is not the case. By far.
But to have him GONE?
It feels like a huge weight has been lifted.
That a fear has been diminished; though not demolished.

So happy.
Happy to have something to be happy about.
Happy to have one less "bad guy" in the world.
Happy to feel as though we accomplished something.
Happy for all those who devoted so much time, energy, and life to this.
And Happy for all those who are out there celebrating right now. I hope they're celebrating hard.

And a pride swells in my chest when I think of the troops at this moment.
Because, for me at least, it feels like we're one step closer to being done.
To ending this war.
To bringing our men and women home to their families and children.
Maybe a small step? But it feels like a step none-the-less.

And I would love it, if for just a few hours, people everywhere could feel content about this.
I know it won't happen.
The backlash has already started.
With "inside stories", and warnings of "don't believe everything you hear", and people condemning all sorts of people involved for taking "too much credit" or for taking any credit at all.
There will, unfortunately, always be naysayers. But I hope that the majority of us can enjoy this moment. If only for a moment. If only before you decide to not "believe everything you hear".
I know personally, when my mother called and told me I was SO excited.
September 11th happened when I was in 7th grade. And now I have my own daughter, and we've finally got HIM.
It doesn't solve the problem, or fill any voids. But it still feels like a victory to me.
I'm still enjoying this moment.And I hope that you are too.

Jessica at J.LiLy

2 comments:

  1. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete
  2. pgslot เว็บตรง เกมส์สล็อตออนไลน์ เกมยอดนิยมจากผู้เล่นทั้งโลกตอนนี้ การเล่นสล็อตของคุณจะไม่มีเบื่ออีกต่อไป pg slot ขอแนะนำให้มาเล่นกับเว็บเรามีทางเลือกทั้งเกมเเละโปรโมชั่น

    ReplyDelete

Have fun!
We love to hear what you have to say.
Criticism, suggestions, opinions, positive reinforcement, whatever the case may be, share it!

Related Posts Plugin