Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Poem to Mothers

          I was on the Internet today and I stumbled across this poem. The author is unknown. I think that no matter your religious beliefs (if any) that it definitely describes how motherhood can be at times. It brought a smile to my face, here's to hoping it will bring one to yours too. Motherhood is definitely the best thing that has happened to me in my life thus far!


Dear Lord
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom

Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose

Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face

That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

-Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice poem! Not a mother yet... but can't wait to be one! I know there will be many obstacles, but children are a blessing. -rr

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely are! We love our little ones so much, they certainly become what your life is about. In a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete

Have fun!
We love to hear what you have to say.
Criticism, suggestions, opinions, positive reinforcement, whatever the case may be, share it!

Related Posts Plugin